Friday, October 12, 2012

October!

Right now the Fair is in town and one of our "BeadFairies" has won several ribbons for her jewelry. Therese Frank enter some of her bead work and took a blue ribbon for one and second on another as well as some other ribbons. 
 The ladies that get together have also been working on projects and teaching each other new stitches and how to use other mediums for their jewelry. 

Last night Ms. Delores taught a wire sculptured necklace to four students. This was her first class and everyone had a great time. Each person had been collection items to possibly use in their necklace/bracelet including charms, personal memorabilia, and beads. The table was covered in their selections and they proceeded to share some items with each other. Not everyone finished but the project had all of us capturing our fantasy creation in wire. 

There are several classes on the bulletin board for next month, so come in and see what interests you. They are filling up. Also give us an idea of things you would like to learn.

Happy Beading!                                 

1 comment:

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you for the shout out! I had a great time in the class last night. It was a lot of fun getting together with you and the girls.
Therese

About Me

My photo
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I've always loved jewelry and sparkly things, so when my life took a change I began considering my own shop. I started Highstrung Beads in January of 2003 and it is still going strong. The shop is now at it's third location and better than ever. I try to keep a selection of unusual items, pendants, and lots of gemstone as well as the standard bead items. I wish I could have even more beads in the shop, just like other bead lovers, there is never enough!!